CSMI is a certified 100% Asian/Pacific Islander Minority Owned & Women Owned Business Enterprise. We are committed to developing and implementing an effective supplier diversity program, which serves the participation of Minority, Women and Disabled Business Enterprises (MWDBEs). Our program seeks out partnerships with MWDBEs companies that ensure quality of products and services.
OUR GOALS ARE TO
- Identify Minority, Women and Disabled Business Enterprises (MWDBEs) vendors
- Develop strong and effective relationships with MWDBEs
- Increase the number of MWDBEs from whom we purchase products and services
- Participate in organizations, outreach programs, community services and events that promote partnership
- Increase CSMI’s awareness of our supplier diversity efforts and this will contribute to the bottom line
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Illinois College of Optometry
- Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Advisory Board for National ACE (Asian American Chamber of Commerce & Entrepreneurship)
ORGANIZATIONS WE WORK WITH
- Office of the Governor Business Enterprise Council
- State of Illinois District 8 Asian American Advisory
- Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago & Northwest Indiana
- Organization of Chinese Americans (OCA)
- Chinese American Service League (CASL)
- Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council (CMSDC)
- YWCA Metropolitan of Chicago
- Schaumburg Business Association (SBA)
- Schaumburg Center for Economic Development
- Old Town School of Folk Music
- Chicago United
PRESS & MEDIA
Pat Magoon, Children’s Hospital of Chicago Medical Center CEO appointed Karen Eng to the Children’s Hospital of Chicago Medical Center / Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago Board of Directors in 2013.
Diversity / Careers in Engineering & Information Technology, December 2013 – January 2014 Issue reports on;
Generation STEM: What girls say about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Empowering women is one area of community that Dr. Karen Eng is spearheading through the Girl Scouts Generation Stem Program. Through its partnerships, sponsorships and initiatives, Girl Scouts of the USA offers girls additional ways to access rich opportunities while they learn and have fun while applying STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) skills.
Dr. Karen Eng, Playing with THE BIG BOYS written by Sade Muhammed for the Diversity MBA magazine, Leadership Issue 2012
Women in Leadership article written by Anne Ravanona, the founder and author of The Global Leadership Post 2012.
Small Business Summit at OCA Convention in Las Vegas written by Pat Loui, Board of Directors of the Export-Import Bank of the US, for the White House Blog on the 2012 OCA National Convention.
Women in Business, Nihao Magazine Fall 2012.